No products in the cart.
Buckle up, flight sim enthusiasts! We’re about to embark on a journey to master the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS2020) shortcuts. If you’ve ever wondered how you could amp up your flight simulation experience, this guide is your one-way ticket to success. But that’s not all! We’re going beyond the conventional keyboard and introducing a game-changing tool: the Elgato Stream Deck, with a direct integration plugin – FlightDeck.
Mastering MSFS2020 Shortcuts
Navigating the skies of MSFS2020 isn’t just about holding the joystick and adjusting the throttle. A real pilot is familiar with all the cockpit’s nitty-gritty details, and the same goes for a virtual one. Mastering MSFS2020 shortcuts not only enhances your flight experience but also makes you a more efficient and skilled virtual pilot. But how exactly do we go about this? Let’s dive in.
Getting Started with MSFS2020 Shortcuts
Before jumping headfirst into a sea of shortcuts, you need to get your bearings straight. MSFS2020 has a variety of shortcuts catering to different functionalities of the flight simulation, from basic flight controls to specific aircraft system commands. Get to grips with the layout, and soon you’ll be gliding through the controls like a seasoned pilot.
- Basic Flight Controls: At the heart of flight simulation, these are your bread and butter. From adjusting the throttle (F2/F3) to engaging the parking brake (CTRL + .), these controls cover the fundamental aspects of flying.
- Camera and Viewpoint Controls: Visuals play a pivotal role in flight simulation. Keys like ‘End’ for external view and ‘Insert’ for the cockpit view make sure you don’t miss out on the mesmerizing vistas.
- Aircraft Systems Controls: These advanced shortcuts bring you closer to the cockpit’s reality, where you control the flaps (F5-F8), landing gear (G), and even the engine master switches (ALT + 1-4).
And now that we’ve got the basics covered, let’s introduce a twist in the plot – the Elgato Stream Deck.
MSFS2020 Shortcuts with Stream Deck Integration
Have you ever dreamed of a flight simulation experience so immersive and intuitive, it feels like you’re actually in the cockpit? Well, it’s time to wake up because the Stream Deck integration with MSFS2020 is here to turn that dream into reality.
With Stream Deck, you’re not just pressing keys; you’re interacting with your aircraft. Each button on the Stream Deck corresponds to a specific control in your virtual cockpit, bringing every detail to your fingertips. And with the FlightDeck plugin, your Stream Deck and MSFS2020 become one, resulting in an unparalleled simulation experience.
But how does this integration work? And how can it elevate your flight simulation experience to new heights? Stay tuned as we deep-dive into the world of MSFS2020 shortcuts and Stream Deck integration.
Setting Up Your Stream Deck for MSFS2020
The Elgato Stream Deck is a customizable controller that allows you to assign specific commands or ‘shortcuts’ to each of its buttons. With the FlightDeck plugin, you can map your Stream Deck buttons directly to MSFS2020 controls.
- Choosing Your Stream Deck: The Stream Deck comes in three sizes: the mini (6 keys), regular (15 keys), and XL (32 keys). Choose one that best fits your needs and desk space.
- Installing the FlightDeck Plugin: Available for just €19.99, this plugin integrates your Stream Deck with MSFS2020, turning it into a versatile flight control panel.
- Mapping Your Controls: FlightDeck allows you to map MSFS2020 commands to Stream Deck buttons. For example, you can map the ‘G’ key (landing gear) to a button on your Stream Deck.
Once you’ve got everything set up, you’re ready to embark on your enhanced flight simulation journey.
Optimizing Your Stream Deck Layout
Now that you’ve got your Stream Deck and FlightDeck plugin installed, how do you optimize your layout for the best flight simulation experience? Here are some tips:
- Group Similar Functions: Keep similar functions together for easy access. For example, group all your lighting controls or autopilot controls together.
- Leverage Stream Deck’s Nesting Feature: Stream Deck allows you to create folders within your layout. Use this feature to create separate folders for different phases of your flight like pre-flight, takeoff, in-flight, and landing.
- Customize Button Icons: Stream Deck allows you to customize the icons on each button. Make sure to use clear, recognizable icons for each function.
With a well-optimized Stream Deck layout, you’ll have an intuitive and efficient control panel that elevates your flight simulation experience to the next level.
Mastering MSFS2020 Shortcuts with Stream Deck Integration
Once your Stream Deck is set up and optimized, it’s time to master those MSFS2020 shortcuts. Whether it’s basic flight controls, camera controls, or specific aircraft system commands, having them mapped on your Stream Deck will make a world of difference.
- Basic Flight Controls: Imagine controlling the throttle or engaging the parking brake with a simple press of a button. This is what the Stream Deck integration offers. Forget about pressing ‘F2/F3’ or ‘CTRL + .’ on your keyboard. Instead, press a single button on your Stream Deck for an immersive and intuitive flight control experience.
- Camera and Viewpoint Controls: Use your Stream Deck to effortlessly switch between views. Want to switch to the cockpit view? Just press the button you assigned to the ‘Insert’ command. Need an external view? The ‘End’ command is just a button press away.
- Aircraft Systems Controls: This is where the Stream Deck truly shines. From controlling the flaps and landing gear to manipulating the engine master switches, every command is at your fingertips.
As you can see, mastering MSFS2020 shortcuts is a breeze with Stream Deck integration. With each button press, you’re not just controlling an aircraft; you’re experiencing the thrill of flight simulation like never before.
Leveraging FlightDeck Plugin’s Ready-Made Profiles
So, you’ve got your Stream Deck, installed the FlightDeck plugin, and are raring to soar through the virtual skies. But wait, aren’t you forgetting something? Setting up each button manually and creating your profiles can be a chore. Not to mention the risk of setting up controls incorrectly and experiencing a subpar flight. Well, FlightDeck has got you covered with its ready-made profiles.
- Ready-Made Profiles: FlightDeck plugin comes with pre-configured profiles that map MSFS2020 controls directly to your Stream Deck. These profiles cover various aspects of flight simulation, from basic flight controls to specific aircraft system commands. No more fumbling with configurations, it’s all set up for you!
- Real-Time Feedback: One of the unique features of the FlightDeck plugin is the real-time feedback. With direct SDK integration, the plugin provides live status updates on your Stream Deck. For instance, if your parking brake is engaged, the corresponding button on your Stream Deck lights up, giving you an at-a-glance view of your aircraft’s systems.
- Saves Time: The combination of ready-made profiles and real-time feedback saves you time and effort. It streamlines your flight simulation experience and allows you to focus on what truly matters – enjoying the flight!
With the FlightDeck plugin and Stream Deck integration, not only are you mastering MSFS2020 shortcuts, but you’re also enjoying an immersive and intuitive flight simulation experience like no other. You’re not just flying; you’re living the flight.
Stream Deck Integration – An Investment Worth Making
Sure, mastering MSFS2020 shortcuts using a conventional keyboard is great. But the Stream Deck integration takes it a step further. It brings a new level of immersion, convenience, and real-time feedback that you simply can’t get from a keyboard.
At just €19.99, the FlightDeck plugin is a small price to pay for a significant upgrade in your flight simulation experience. With its easy setup, ready-made profiles, and real-time feedback, the Stream Deck integration isn’t just a tool, it’s a game-changer.
So, why wait? Elevate your MSFS2020 experience, master those shortcuts, and let your flight simulation dreams take flight. Happy flying!